A Look into Biotechnology Careers Post-Graduation
Time & Location
About The Event
5:30 pm Panel Discussion
6:30 pm Networking Reception
**Pizza and refreshments will be provided during the reception
Pizza is kindly provided by Domino's Pizza Kingston.
Girish Sardana, PhD
Region Manager – Laboratory Essentials at Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Girish completed his PhD at the University of Toronto in the Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology in 2008. Subsequently he joined a small biotech company as a Research Scientist until 2012, before entering commercial sales with Beckman Coulter and Thermo Fisher Scientific as a Senior Sales Consultant and Region Manger respectively.
Ajitha Jeganathan, MSc
Research Scientist at Northern Biologics
- As a Research Scientist at Northern Biologics, Ajitha is a member of the translational sciences group. This group focuses on determining and testing biomarkers that can be used to test the activity of antibody drug candidates in immuno-oncology.
Noufissa Kabli, PhD
Project Alliance Manager at Centre for Collaborative Drug Research (University of Toronto)
- As project manager at the University of Toronto’s Centre for Collaborative Drug Research (CCDR), Noufissa supports the Centre’s research, strategic partnership and education initiatives. Noufissa manages the CCDR’s portfolio of translational research projects and studentships across the university and affiliated health sciences network and interfaces with program partners and stakeholders to align resources, solve issues, and advance translational and commercialization-centric projects.
Cindy Ying Yin Yip, PhD
Director, Heart Health at Heart and Stroke
- Cindy is the Director, Heart Health at Heart and Stroke Foundation, one of Canada’s leading organizations supporting health research, advocacy and knowledge transfer. She provides overall strategic leadership, direction, advice and integration across the Foundation’s national heart health initiatives.
Martin Bourbonnière, PhD
Technical Sales Specialist at Thermo Fisher Scientific
- As a Technical Sales Specialist, Martin manages a smaller, more technical port-folio of products, then a regular account manager. Martin's position involves growing revenue from year to year, and developing relationships with Key Opinion Leaders. Martin also gives seminars and training sessions, finds new customers and business, which involves travelling at least 50% of the time: about 10 nights in hotels per month.
- DBMS Student - Pay online$5$50$0
- Non-DBMS Student - Pay online$7$70$0
- DBMS Student - $5 cash at door$0$00$0
- Non-DBMS - $7 cash at door$0$00$0
Please email to be placed on the waitlist in the event of unavailable tickets.