Wed, Feb 26|
Auditorium C UH B3-242
(LONDON CHAPTER) From Benchtop to Business: A Look at Careers in Entrepreneurship and Innovation
A panel discussion on careers in entrepreneurship and innovation stemming from science. We have four speakers who will highlight their career journeys and discuss the tools that helped them to succeed in the world of entrepreneurship.
Time & Location
Feb 26, 2020, 5:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Auditorium C UH B3-242, 339 Windermere Rd, London, ON N6A 5A5, Canada
About the Event
Are you interested in a career in industry? Have you been wondering what types of career paths are open to you after studying science at the post-graduate level? Have you made a discovery or had a great idea that you want to share with the world, but you're not sure how to market it? Come join the S2BN to learn about this and more!
We are excited to announce an upcoming event from the London Chapter of the Science to Business Network (S2BN; s2bn.org) on Wednesday, Feb. 26th, 2020. The event will be held at 5pm in Auditorium C, University Hospital.
- Get a firsthand account of how panelists used their backgrounds in science for entrepreneurial pursuits.
- Discuss how the range of skills a student can acquire in academia translate to an entrepreneurial career path.
- Describe how students can commercialize their ideas and discoveries.
Event Details: Wednesday, Feb. 26th, 2020 Registration 5:00pm - 5:30pm | Panel 5:30pm - 6:30pm | Networking 6:30pm Location: Auditorium C, University Hospital, London ON
About our Panelists:
- Colin Macaulay, PhD is an entrepreneur in residence at TechAlliance and an owner at CGMBio Consulting
- Daniel Kharlas, MSc is the CRO and co-founder of EXAR Studios
- Adam Paish, Bsc is Medical Innovation Fellow and PhD candidate at Western
- Aaron Fenster, PhD, FCCPM is a Professor at Western ad the CEO/CSO at CIMTEC
What is the S2BN: S2BN is a national non-profit that aims to enhance innovation and commercialization in Canada's Health and Life Sciences sectors. To do so, S2BN focuses on developing highly qualified talent (MSc, PhD, Post-docs, & PharmDs), by equipping them with relevant skills, information, and mentorship to ensure a more efficient transition into non-academic careers. Learn about our chapters across Canada at www.s2bn.org